Sunday 18 January 2009

Where there is faith there is HOPE!!

I have been struggeling a bit lately with quite a few things -
It has started to affect my emotional stability and consume my spirit at times....
Just when you think you have hit a road block - the Lord gives you an ALTERNATE ROUTE to take!
He gave me mine today! Our sacrament meeting theme was on "HOPE" today. We had 3 wonderful speakers that touched on the importance of hope in our lives. I was also reminded that Hope has 2 other friends; Faith and Charity! With these 3 we can get through our dark times and begin to see the "glimmer" of HOPE radiate through our trials.
In 2 Nephi 38:20 the Lord tells us:
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
So this week I am going to focus on these 3 inspirational gifts - Faith, HOPE, and Charity! My parents would always say during stressful times: "This too shall pass" and I know that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can bear. So with a steadfastness in Christ I will press forward feasting on his word!
Thank you to those that spoke today and to the teachers in Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society! The lesson ALL blended wonderfully together and really touched my spirit!
The Lord has a way of getting your attention at the right time - when we are in the right place - listening to the spirit!

No comments: